Roswell, Georgia, is a city in the northern part of Fulton County. This city is considered a suburb of Atlanta and is best known for its expansive historic district. If you are planning a move to Roswell, you are sure to enjoy this beautiful, exciting city and all it has to offer.
Weather and Landscape
Roswell offers a comfortable climate with warm summers and cooler winters. In the summer months, the hottest days have temperatures in the high 80s. In the cooler months, lows can reach the high 20s and low 30s. Roswell receives approximately 3.5-6 inches of rain per month, depending on the season.
The city of Roswell covers approximately 42 square miles and boasts several notable geographic features, including Blue Sluice Lake, the Chattahoochee River, Morgan Falls Dam and several creeks.
Things to Do
The city of Roswell offers plenty of diversions to keep both residents and their visitors entertained all year round. Some of the most popular attractions and activities in Roswell include:
- Antebellum home tours – While in Roswell, you will have the opportunity to tour pre-war homes in the area to enjoy their architecture and learn about their history.
- Ghost walks – If you have an interest in the supernatural, you can spend time on a ghost walk in Roswell to learn about supernatural myths, legends and culture.
- Shopping and dining – Roswell, Georgia, boasts a variety of well-respected dining establishments, as well as a host of retailers.
- Chattahoochee Nature Center – The Chattahoochee Nature Center offers the perfect opportunity to learn about the ecology of the area, as well as to understand some of the environmental issues the area is currently facing.
- Roswell Mill Dam on Vickery Creek – Roswell is home to many trails and offers both natural as and historic sites to visit. This Roswell beauty is accessible by parking in the Old Mill lot at the end of Mill Street in Roswell. Hikers can see the dam, a covered bridge, and more on Vickery Creek Trail at Roswell Mill. It can be 5 miles long.
- Entertainment – If you are looking for a night on the town, Roswell has plenty to offer. From the Georgia Ensemble Theater to standard movie complexes, you will never run out of places to go.
If you are interested in moving to Roswell, Georgia, or would like to learn more, please contact A.C. White Relocations today.