A thriving and bustling suburb of Atlanta with easy access to the North Georgia Mountains, Alpharetta offers an extensive variety of things to do. Situated in northern Fulton County, and off of GA Highway 400, Alpharetta has been known as a great place to live near Metro-Atlanta. The list below highlights the diverse choices this friendly city provides for people living in or considering moving to Alpharetta.
Things to Do In Alpharetta
- Big Creek Greenway: The Big Creek Greenway offers eight miles of paved paths that are ideal for walking, jogging, biking, skating and more. Multiple areas provide convenient access to the 12-foot wide path that runs along the creek.
- Avalon: Avalon gives Alpharetta residents and visitors access to a unique experience with a focus on living well. This luxury community is located where Old Milton Parkway and GA 400 meet and is anchored by resort-style accommodations. Walkable and with opportunities to work, dine, shop, live and play, Avalon is a must-see destination.
- Brook Street Park & Arboretum: Situated behind Alpharetta’s City Hall, the Brook Street Park & Arboretum encompasses five acres and features a small reading garden, a charming stream and a winding path. The delightful Arboretum offers a variety of vibrantly-colored flowering trees that are sure to captivate all. Open from dawn to dusk, visitors to the park can find free parking at City Center.
- North Point Mall: One of the Atlanta area’s most popular malls, North Point Mall features more than one million square feet sprawled over two floors. Currently, its anchor stores include Dillard’s Von Maur, JCPenney, Sears and Macy’s. In the food court sits a full-sized carousel that features fiberglass animals. These were handpainted to resemble those of a vintage Coney Island carousel.
- Jekyll Brewing: Voted one of Atlanta’s top 10 destinations for craft beer by Atlanta Eater, Jekyll Brewing provides the opportunity to go behind the scenes. Talk to expert beer makers and take a tour to learn about their process and company secrets.
- Wills Park: A multifaceted park, Wills Park offers something for everyone. The Equestrian Center hosts a myriad of weekend events throughout the year. A disc Frisbee course, aquatics center, dog park, walking trails and ball fields are some of the other amenities found at Wills Park.
Moving to Alpharetta GA
As this short list shows, Alpharetta is host to numerous things to do. There’s simply too much to list in one place! Need an Alpharetta moving company to make your move easier? Contact A.C. White, a 4th generation, family-owned moving company.