There are many things that the average person doesn’t know about moving, and there are so many ways to make the whole process easier to handle! Here are some tips and tricks you should know about moving from expert Atlanta movers.
- Always unpack your essentials first. If you can’t live without it, you need to have it in a special box that is put on the truck last, and unloaded and opened first.
- Unroll your rugs are soon as possible. Keeping them rolled up for too long will cause them to crease and curl, and that can be hard to flatten back out.
- Set a goal of packing a certain number of boxes each day. This will help keep you on track and moving forward!
- Eat from your fridge and freezer to clean it out, and do as little grocery shopping as possible.
- Throw out any food, cosmetics and medicines that are expired or old.
- Use a different color sharpie, such as red, for the boxes that go on the truck last. This is any easy way to distinguish to your Atlanta movers that they should be unloaded first.
- You don’t have to pack up all of your clothes in boxes! Use quality tape that holds but won’t ruin or damage your dresser, and tape the drawers closed. This will save you so much packing and unpacking time.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes. For example, books can get heavy! Our Alpharetta movers know that putting them in smaller boxes makes them much easier to carry.
- When possible, tape something small to something larger to keep them together. For example, tape the remote to the back of the TV.
- Use an old fitted sheet as a mattress protector.
- Use as many original boxes as possible. If you kept the box for your TV, electronics or smaller appliances, reuse them to pack these items back up.
Image Courtesy of: Flickr