Moving? Pack light and right! Moving can be stressful, and the more you have to move, the worse it can become. Moving is also a great opportunity to purge the items that you do not really need. This often seems daunting, and it can be hard to let go of certain items, though clearing out items you have collected over time that are no longer of use can be therapeutic.
Here are a few things that may lighten your load:
- Clothing: Donating clothes you won’t wear or don’t need before you make that move is a smart idea. Even when using local movers, getting this taken care of will alleviate having to do it when you start unpacking.
- Furniture: If you have old furniture that you have no plans of using, why take it? Donating it or helping it find a new home can save you time and money.
- Papers: Unwanted papers can get very heavy. This may be a good time to shred the documents you don’t need to get rid of excess paper to make things easier.
- Appliances: If you have plans to get new appliances when you move, now is the time to donate these items to a local charity or recycling place that can use them. It makes no sense having those items sitting in a garage or shed when you could have gotten rid of them prior to your move.
- Junk: If you are moving from a large home, chances are that some junk has collected over the years.You may have used your garage or a spare room to house things that you no longer want or need. Garage sale anyone? This is a perfect time to go through those items and make someone else happy.
Contact Atlanta Moving Company
These are just a few things you should leave behind when planning your move. Your moving company should be able to offer additional advice to get you prepared. For more information, contact the team at A.C. White Relocations today!