You may be wondering if you should hire a professional mover. The answer is, YES! Moving is stressful enough, but one way to greatly reduce your stress level is to hire a professional mover and here’s why.
Whether you hire professional movers to handle every aspect of your move or just part of it , you will reduce the stress of moving and the risk of damaging your belongings. Professional movers have the equipment and moving experience necessary to avoid many of the pitfalls of moving. Additionally, you won’t have to burden your friends, and all your valuables will be insured. Need we say more?
Seven Indicators of a Reputable Mover
You don’t want to put all your belongings into just anyone’s hands. That’s why selecting a reputable mover is of the utmost importance. Here are some things to look for in a quality mover.
1. The number of years in business.
2. A positive online and offline reputation.
3. A good Better Business Bureau rating
4. They have storage options available.
5. Financing options are available.
6. They have insurance and offer valuation protection.
7. You’re assigned a personal moving coordinator.
Pro Tips for a Smooth Move
Here are some tips that will make your move as smooth and flawless as possible.
- Color code your boxes, one color for each family member, then write its contents on the outside of the box.
- Number your boxes in the order you want them unpacked this will prevent you from having to dig through all your boxes to find something you need right away.
- Put all the wires and remotes for your electronics into individual baggies and label them, then place them in a separate box and carry that box with you.
- Pack a cleaning supply and essentials box with toilet paper, paper towels, soap, trash bags, water, snacks, etc. and another box as an emergency kit with your prescriptions, band-aids, ointments, etc.
- Put screws and small loose parts in an envelope, seal it then tape it to its corresponding piece.
- Make a separate file for important papers such as school records, pet shot records, birth certificates, mover’s contract, utility company numbers, etc. and keep it with you.
- Never mark your boxes with the word valuables. Use another identifying word that only you will know to identify your valuables box.
If you would like a free quote from a reputable mover, please Contact Us today. A.C. White Relocations has been in business for over 90 years. We’d love to show you just how easy and cost-effective our services can be with our one flat rate quote and no hidden fees—EVER!